[strawman] Make Git Branches of all Ubuntu Packages Too

Christopher Halse Rogers chalserogers at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 01:51:20 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 12:09 PM, Joseph Smidt <josephsmidt at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 11:38 +1100, Christopher Halse Rogers wrote:
>
>> You might be better served by helping John Carr with his git-serve[1]
>> addition to bzr-git.  That will basically serve bzr branches over the
>> git protocol, so you don't have the same problems with maintaining two
>> separate repositories.
>
>        Sounds interesting.  Does this project have the Ubuntu's blessing?  Is
> there any indication it will be supported in Launchpad for all Ubuntu's
> packages?  If so, great, maybe the problem is solved. :)  If not, why?

You probably mean "Canonical's blessing" there. It has no particular
Canonical involvement as far as I know, apart from being developed in
a bzr plugin which is also worked on by core bzr devs. There's no
indication at this stage as to whether it'll be supported in
Launchpad; obviously, a decision on that would require a working
plugin before it could be meaningful - you'd need to know the
load-characteristics of the git server plugin, the dependencies, etc.
before a commitment could be made.