too complicated

Siegfried Gevatter (RainCT) rainct at ubuntu.com
Wed Jan 7 15:03:42 UTC 2009

Hello James,

There is absolutely no need to use the command line (except in very
special circumstances). You can install new applications from the
menu: "Applications -> Add/Remove..." or, if you want a more advanced
tool, "System -> Administration -> Synaptic Package Manager".

About the NVIDIA card, I'm not sure what "sli mode" is, but have you
tried enabling the restricted driver in "System -> Administration ->
Restricted Drivers" or using envyng-qt (which you can install from
Synaptic)?

(Note that some of the menu names I'm mentioning here may be wrong, as
I'm translating them from my Catalan installation, and also that if
you look for help people will often send you to the terminal, but that
doesn't mean that the same can't be achieved graphically; the terminal
is just easier -compare telling someone "write X and press enter" to
"go to A -> B -> C, go to tab D, press button E, etc."-).

Regards,

Ubuntu Developer. Debian Contributor.