IPV6 causes slow internet access

shirish shirishag75 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 14:42:04 UTC 2009

Hi all,
      I just wanna direct your attention to a bug filed

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/313218/

Now I come from India, where the largest ISP who has 50% of the market
share is not ipv6 compliant so far. There is a on-going project to
move to ipv6 by 2012 but till that doesn't happen we need a way to
work through.

Somethings from the Net for the same.

http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2008/12/03/3829993.htm
http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2231905/ipv6-addresses-increase-300-per
http://www.ciol.com/Technology/Networking/News-Reports/IPv6-growth-rises-300pc-in-two-years/41208113369/0/

The above is what we want or hope to going forward.

The reality as it is :-

http://broadbandforum.in/airtel-broadband/24732-when-will-we-have-ipv6-addresses/

Now I don't know how other developing and developed countries see the same.

Perhaps some discussion and some resolution for the interim period.
--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal