Jaunty I18N/translation issues

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 23 16:06:50 UTC 2009

Hi All,

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 9:26 AM, Timo Jyrinki <timo.jyrinki at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I started JauntyTranslationIssues page in the wiki a while ago to
> followup the previous similar page David created for Intrepid:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TranslatingUbuntu/JauntyTranslationIssues
>
> Please help to keep it up-to-date as soon as the issues take shape and
> are verifiable as I18N bugs, that is not just missing translations,
> but impossible to translate.

Thanks for putting this together, Timo.  I've subscribed to the page,
and will keep an eye on any issues.  I have a lot of work left to do,
but I want this to be a good documentation / translation release,
particularly for Xubuntu.

Xubuntu will feature a move to from Xfce 4.4.2 to Xfce 4.6, so there
will be new application / interface strings that require translation.
Also, Xubuntu system documentation is being rebased off of the Ubuntu
system documentation for this release, so there are a lot of changes
to Xubuntu documentation strings, too.  While rebasing our docs off of
Ubuntu docs will make it easier for people who translate for Ubuntu to
also translate for Xubuntu, it means that there will be more changes
to Xubuntu docs in this release as compared to the number of doc
changes in prior releases.

If I can help in any way, please let me know.  Thanks,

Jim