Is disabling ctrl-alt-backspace really such a good idea? - no.

Dane Mutters dmutters at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 22:11:43 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-02-15 at 15:50 -0500, Mackenzie Morgan wrote:
> On Sunday 15 February 2009 12:24:32 pm Dylan McCall wrote:
> > Re: SysRQ not working. Try it in a virtual terminal and see if that
> > works (something harmless, like Alt SysRQ M).
> >
> > For starters, the SysRQ / Print Screen key becomes SysRQ when Alt is
> > being pressed.
>
> Don't you mean when Fn is being pressed?  Laptop users usually have to hit
> Alt+Fn+SysRq+<letter>

Mike Jones started a bug report with some useful information on this
issue.  (I don't know if you saw that email; this thread is massive...)
I just want to point anybody who's interested to this link, in case you
have any ideas as to what's going on or how to fix it.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/329644

Thanks.

--Dane