[RFC] Improve communication with testing users about master key changes in development branches

(=?iso-8859-1?q?=60=60-=5F-=B4=B4?=) -- BUGabundo ubuntu at bugabundo.net
Thu Feb 5 01:13:47 UTC 2009

Hi.
Ever since 6.10 Beta 1, I've been a alpha/beta tester of all Ubuntu releases.
Like me, there are several other users that at same point start testing the development branches.

But the main difficulty I have in keeping track during the development are the changes that occur.
I usually track the ReleaseNotes  and TechnicalOverview, and now we have _public_ meetings reports (which helps a tad more).
Still, and understand I dont want to impose any more work to the already busy scribblers, but it would be nice to have either an email announcement, or a wiki page with ALL changes of policy, UI, package adding/removal.

Stuff like the changes PulseAudio in jaunty is an example of what would fit into this.

This would increase the notice of testers to changes, that easily slip into the cracks, and also help tracking regressions when filling bugs.
Waiting for your comments and suggestions.

--
Hi, I'm BUGabundo, and I am Ubuntu (whyubuntu.com)
(``-_-ยดยด)	http://LinuxNoDEI.BUGabundo.net