managing choices

Markus Hitter mah at jump-ing.de
Sun Dec 27 03:31:29 UTC 2009

Am 26.12.2009 um 22:33 schrieb Patrick Freundt:

> You are not removing complexity by reducing choices, at least not
> in my humble opinion.

Such statements make me feel like I want to run away and kiss Apple's
Snow Leopard, which removes a lot of old cruft while maintaining full
usability. For example, you no longer have the choice to run this OS
on a PowerPC CPU, removing some 30% off the neccessary binaries. You
no longer have the choice to use the Carbon API, removing some 20% of
the required knowledge to code on a Mac. Older Cocoa API's are in the
process of being removed as well. Again less choice, less header
files, less libraries, less required knowledge - in short, less
complexity.

Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/