Bug #71870 - won't fix???

Peteris Krisjanis pecisk at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 17:36:55 UTC 2009

2009/12/26 paul Hartman <276764 at gmail.com>:
> I ran into a problem with my log files growing really huge. I went to launch
> pad to file a bug about it and found that it had already been filed.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sysklogd/+bug/71870
>
> Under status it is listed as won't fix. Why would this be?

This is really basic :) "Won't fix" usually doesn't mean "we don't
care and we won't fix it". Usually it means one of this - "this will
be fixed in other way", "wrong bug subject", "new version comes with
this fix already", etc.

This time I think log size is nothing to do with package itself.
Usually it means that someone else - user or some sort of system
should follow that root partition doesn't run out of space.

Cheers,
Peter.