Introduction to Ubuntu Distributed Development

Shentino shentino at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 13:07:26 UTC 2009

Considering that ship has already sailed a long time ago, I don't think its
wise to waste lumber on another ship when it is already needed elsewhere.

If the bzr galleon runs aground or hits an iceberg in the future, however,
things may change.

Not being a developer myself I'm not aware of bzr's shortcomings/virtues, or
those of git/hg, but if frustration with bzr is indeed nearing critical mass
then it may well be prudent to consider adding support for alternatives.

Personally though I think it's a bit of a waste of time discussing this
"holy war of the DVCS's" if canonical and launchpad have both made it clear
that bzr is the only offically supported VCS.