Info about Karmic modem manager and mode switching?

Antti Turunen antti.turunen at siptune.fi
Sun Dec 13 19:18:40 UTC 2009

Hello all,

we know there is many 3G modems not yet properly recognized and/or
connected by modem/network managers in 9.10.

I have been searching around for information how the whole new
modem-manager thing goes, but I have not been able to find much. Could
someone tell if there is info somewhere about modem-manager plugins,
different modem-modeswitch options etc? I am not a SW developer, but
would like to try some tailoring for certain problematic modem models.

Thanks in advance,

Anttu