Install Wizard 'Looks Too Complicated

Chris Jones chrisjones at comcen.com.au
Mon Dec 7 22:08:40 UTC 2009

> Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 21:16:30 +1100
> From: Kyle Amadio <kyle.amadio at itvss.com.au>
> Subject: Re: Install Wizard 'Looks Too Complicated'
> To: ubuntu-devel-discuss at lists.ubuntu.com
>
> Just for FUN I did a Fedora 12 install of Gnome and KDE.
>
> Must say that Ubuntu is dead simple and fast. Fedora was "nearly easy" but
> for some reason it just does not flow like Ubuntu's does.
>
> Leave the installer alone it is simple and fast.
>
> --
> Regards
>
> Kyle Amadio
> International TV Shopping Systems
> +61 411707081

It's funny you say that, because from my experience I actually prefer
the Anaconda installer of Fedora. I reckon it kicks ass over the Ubuntu
installer in functionality, ease-of-use and speed. I can have a Fedora
system installed and running in ~12 mins with the Fedora.

Although I do overall prefer Ubuntu, I've never been impressed with its
installer and it's very slow install speeds.

Cheers.

--
Chris Jones <linuxdynamix at comcen.com.au>
Founder