Why Ubuntu is not ready for prime time

Yusuf Abdulla Shunan shunan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 20:38:41 UTC 2009

Hi

I think most people are missing the point, how many Windows users know
even to format their system and re-install? My guess is less than 20%.
As far as general users are concerned it is about, getting things done
and stop at that. These kind of technical issues and specific setups
that you are talking about are not the reason why Ubuntu is not yet
used widely. It all comes down to marketing...

1. Who will market or sell a product to a client or customer that is free?
2. The idea that Windows is the prettier one! :) (I mean even we all
do pretty much the same thing on bed but we all long for the prettier
ones! :))

Once these prejudices and marketing is taken care of, I think
everything else will fall to the right places by default.

Just my 2 cents

Warm Regards