Ubuntu gaming team - raising incidents

Alex Cockell alcockell at eclipse.co.uk
Thu Apr 30 19:06:29 UTC 2009

Hi folks,

> If users are assigning bugs to a team, in virtually all cases they are
> wrong to do so.  Assignment indicates some expectation that work will be
> done.  End users do not have the right to direct developers (whether paid
> or volunteer).

Speaking as an end-user, could the original poster be referring to
initially raising an incident against the team "Linux"?  I believe this
is where an end-user would log the initial incident report to?

Sorry for the use of ITIL terms - please feel free to translate to
Ubuntu nomenclature... I think ITIL after working in support for quite a
long time..

Surely an end-user isn't *directing* developers, but raising a request?

Thoughts?

Alex Cockell

--

Alex Cockell