gnome-scan

Peteris Krisjanis pecisk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 07:50:34 UTC 2009

2009/4/27 Lars Wirzenius <lars at ubuntu.com>:
> su, 2009-04-26 kello 21:41 -0500, solaris manzur kirjoitti:
>> i agree about replacing xsane by gnome-scan
>
> Are we talking about flegita? (There is no gnome-scan package in jaunty,
> and I can't find a command by that name.)

flegita is frontend for gnome-scan, yes. However, it is very old
version of it, afaik.
Newest version can be found on author's PPA
https://edge.launchpad.net/~bersace/+archive/ppa

> Flegita doesn't find my scanner, which is attached to another computer,
> and shared across the network with the net backend of SANE.

gnome-scan doesn't support net backend (yet, probably). I think it
would be welcome to provide patches to do that :)
Please report a bug for missing functionality.

--
mortigi tempo
Pēteris Krišjānis