Hardware information applet... anyone working on it?

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 20:53:02 UTC 2009

> Further, this could (in theory) give users a one-stop-shop for all
> things physically attached to their computers so they know where to look
> after connecting new hardware.

It's sounds useful, just be aware that there is a difference between a
device and hardware. The former is a representation of function in the
software and the latter is representational of the physical, user
recognisable object.

Too many programers get these confused with each other and you end up
with a mess of data that's not quite sure what it is. So device if your
notification is going to show devices or hardware.

I think BlueTooth is more of a device bus, like usb. You may or may not
want to keep it with that list.

Regards, Martin