Tablet PC under ubuntu

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 29 12:42:15 UTC 2008

hi,
On Mo, 2008-09-29 at 14:16 +0200, Vincenzo Ciancia wrote:
> Hi, as an user of a tablet pc under ubuntu, I have to say that this
> distribution can work very well with tablet pcs. Cellwriter and xournal
> are already there and they are very good.
>
> The only problem is that currently in both hardy and intrepid tablet
> activation requires manual intervention on the xorg.conf file.
that wont really work in intrepid anymore as all input devices are
supposed to be handled by hal now. i made some progress on teh evtouch
driver and will try to extend that for jaunty over all touchscreen and
probably also tablet devices, see teh mobile team spec suggestion page
[1], if i have a template spec ready for UDS discussion it will be
noticed there and will need a lot input from device owners :)

ciao
	oli

[1]
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Mobile/IntrepidPlusOneSpecSuggestions