Tablet PC under ubuntu

Vincenzo Ciancia ciancia at di.unipi.it
Mon Sep 29 13:20:55 UTC 2008

On lun, 2008-09-29 at 14:42 +0200, Oliver Grawert wrote:

> > The only problem is that currently in both hardy and intrepid tablet
> > activation requires manual intervention on the xorg.conf file.
> that wont really work in intrepid anymore as all input devices are
> supposed to be handled by hal now. i made some progress on teh evtouch
> driver and will try to extend that for jaunty over all touchscreen and
> probably also tablet devices, see teh mobile team spec suggestion page
> [1], if i have a template spec ready for UDS discussion it will be
> noticed there and will need a lot input from device owners :)

Sorry if I misunderstand but does this mean that my tablet will not work
in intrepid but only in intrepit+1? If so what should I do in the
meantime? Many bugs related to the tablet have ***finally*** been solved
in intrepid after two or three releases of waiting so using hardy is a
very poor alternative. Please leave a "backdoor" in this killing machine
to make my humble xorg.conf work :)

Vincenzo