Boot-time improvements

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 14:59:16 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 8:00 PM, (``-_-´´) -- Fernando
<ubuntu at bugabundo.net> wrote:
> Olá Mackenzie e a todos.
>
> On Friday 12 September 2008 14:29:15 Mackenzie Morgan wrote:
>> I'm just reading my bootcharts, and those stop at GDM.
>
> $ sudo gedit /etc/init.d/stop-bootchart
> Look for this case, and add a sleep before the stop command.
>> case "$1" in
>>     start)
>>       sleep 60        # linha extra
>>       stop_bootchart

Sleep 60 would mean that it will no matter what add a minute.  How
will it know to stop when the desktop becomes usable?

I recall gksudo being preferred over sudo for GUI apps like gedit, as
well.  Something about xauth, maybe?

--
Mackenzie Morgan
Linux User #432169