Midnight Commander in 8.10

Chris Jones chrisjones at comcen.com.au
Thu Oct 30 02:41:52 UTC 2008

Regarding Midnight Commander (mc):

I'm a very heavy user of mc and use it for pretty much anything file
related on a day-to-day basis. And once you get used to it and know how
to harness its power, you'll never use Nautilus (or any other graphical
file manager) again.
And I'm not speaking for a minority here, there's plenty of power users
out there that use it and can't live without it.

But, as far as putting it onto the Live CD, I don't think that's a
priority to be honest. I think there's more important files that could
be added over mc.
And as mentioned already, anyone who uses mc will probably not be using
it off a live cd anyway.

Just my 2 cents for what it's worth.

Regards

--