Midnight Commander in 8.10

Henrik Johansson dahankzter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 16:38:38 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am sorry to but in like this but this seems like a non-issue really or
have i missed the point entirely?

@Felix:
You want mc on the CD since you have neither X nor a working network? I
mean 'sudo apt-get install mc' is not really hard to type right?

There are several potential problems with people not having sufficient
rights etc to install and live-cd only servers can of course be a hassle
but is it really such a big problem to either install mc or learn/teach
a few bash cmds and a few moves in another editor?

Is it really on the 8.04 CD? I had to install it manually.

As for the value of OFM, I would like to emphasize the value power of
bash. You can't beat the bash.

For the record I would just like to say that i wouldn't mind having mc
included, I kind of like it so if there is space let's put it in!

/ Henrik