State of xserver-xorg-video-nv

Mark Schouten mark at prevented.net
Fri Oct 24 17:23:57 UTC 2008

Hi there,

On Thu, 2008-10-23 at 13:10 -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> If you have a patch from upstream that you can confirm fixes the issue,
> I can take a look, but otherwise you're a bit too late for intrepid
> which is already into RC freeze.

I know I'm a bit late. I was hoping someone was going to fix them
between beta and RC. I'm not a developer of any kind (but fear my 31337
perl skilzzz ;)) so I can't really help with any patches. Applying them
and compiling shouldn't be a problem though.

> You're right that there's lots of -nv bugs; I've upstreamed several in
> recent weeks but they seem not to get attention upstream.  On the other
> hand, -ati and -intel bugs do seem to get productive attention upstream,
> so I've focused my energies more towards those.

I understand.

> If you would be willing to lend some time to assist with triaging and
> upstreaming -nv, I can provide mentoring.  Pop into #ubuntu-x on IRC and
> flag me down.
>
> As to your particular bug, you're missing some important details needed
> for troubleshooting.  See http://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Reporting for tips on
> what to include in X bug reports.

I will follow this Wiki and add the extra info. I'm not sure if I can
help with triaging and stuff, but I'll try to contact you on IRC.

Thanks,

Mark Schouten