State of xserver-xorg-video-nv

Bryce Harrington bryce at canonical.com
Thu Oct 23 20:10:39 UTC 2008

If you have a patch from upstream that you can confirm fixes the issue,
I can take a look, but otherwise you're a bit too late for intrepid
which is already into RC freeze.

You're right that there's lots of -nv bugs; I've upstreamed several in
recent weeks but they seem not to get attention upstream.  On the other
hand, -ati and -intel bugs do seem to get productive attention upstream,
so I've focused my energies more towards those.

If you would be willing to lend some time to assist with triaging and
upstreaming -nv, I can provide mentoring.  Pop into #ubuntu-x on IRC and
flag me down.

As to your particular bug, you're missing some important details needed
for troubleshooting.  See http://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Reporting for tips on
what to include in X bug reports.

Bryce