build custom kernel with xen and rt flavour

Thomas Pfeuffer thomas.pfeuffer at mytum.de
Wed Oct 1 07:30:38 UTC 2008

Hello,

I want to compile a custom kernel on Ubuntu 8.04 (2.6.24) with both
Xen-Domain0 support and the real-time preempt patches with the new
"debian way", because it seems to be the only way to get Domain0 support
in a custom kernel.

For building the kernel I am using the instructions given on
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Kernel/Compile.

So I have downloaded the kernel sources with

  $ sudo apt-get build-dep linux-image-$(uname -r)

To choose Xen Domain0 support, I have to run

  $ AUTOBUILD=1 NOEXTRAS=1 fakeroot debian/rules custom-binary-xen

But with choosing the xen flavour, the rt-preempt patches are not
included and something like

  $ AUTOBUILD=1 NOEXTRAS=1 fakeroot debian/rules custom-binary-xen
custom-binary-rt

fails.

Is there any possibility to build a custom kernel with both, xen and rt
flavours?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Thomas