User Switcher, Shutdown Options, IM Status

Vincenzo Ciancia ciancia at di.unipi.it
Wed Oct 1 06:13:16 UTC 2008

Il giorno mer, 01/10/2008 alle 00.37 -0500, Ted Gould ha scritto:

> The only thing that I think is somewhat reasonable is adding a "It's
> complex..." item that would pop up a dialog that would allow for
> setting
> the status.  Doesn't seem very clean though.

What about using an enhanced widged instead of a menu? Think e.g. of the
aspect of deskbar in intrepid, you can indeed type into it but it
behaves as a menu. You could add status entries above the text box or
even have two buttons, one to open the status text entry and one to set
a given status from a list, also containing recent status messages.

Vincenzo