tracking bug for ext4

shirish shirishag75 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 08:31:15 UTC 2008

Hi all,
 I made a tracking bug for having ext4 as the primary filesystem in Ubuntu.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub/+bug/293465

Perhaps the description and stuff can be overhauled.
As a simple generic desktop user having an online defragger and better
journaling, data integrity is what I'm looking at.

>From what it appears, it may take jaunty or jaunty+1 cycle for this to
become a reality.
My goal is essentially when I can use ext4 either from the Live or the
alternate CD.
Looking forward to people's comments on the same.
--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal