rename system-cleaner-gtk to cruft-remover-gtk

Lars Wirzenius lars at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 3 16:51:35 UTC 2008

ma, 2008-11-03 kello 18:01 +0200, Lars Wirzenius kirjoitti:
> I follow the legal advice I got, from a real lawyer, and that was clear:
> change the name.

Matthew, I'm sorry I chose those words. I didn't no mean to imply you
are not a real lawyer. I did not know you were a lawyer at all. Here is
what I should have written instead:

"I follow the legal advice I got, from a lawyer working for Canonical
and answering a direct question on how to handle this case, and the
answer was clear: change the name."

Further: I have no knowledge or opinion on whether "System Cleaner"
should be an allowed trademark, or whether it would survive a court
case. I wish to avoid having to involve any further lawyers in this, so
I will name the program in a clearly non-conflicting way. I am not
attached to the name in any way, I'd rather concentrate on improving the
program.

As an aside: choosing names for new programs is starting to be a real
hassle.