Some fundamental usability issues

Alexandre Strube surak at ubuntu.com
Thu May 8 12:30:28 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 2:00 PM, Markus Hitter <mah at jump-ing.de> wrote:

> AFAIK, Apple simply ignores this problem. You either have enough disk
> space, or ... well, I don't know what TimeMachine does in disk full
> conditions. Probably it simply stops doing it's work until you clean
> up manually.

Firstly: time machine uses directory hard links, so each backup only
contains different files from the previous version, and the rest is
all hard links. They have a file system events daemon, so they can
calculate this easy.

Secondly: it warns you about the backup disk being full, and removes
the old ones.

--
[]
Alexandre Strube