Who wants to share their ppas?

Ted Gould ted at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 19 19:52:25 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 11:33 +0000, (``-_-ยดยด) -- Fernando wrote:
> After taking a look at Pau Garcia (pgquiles) ppa I felt the need
> to take a look at a few more ppas.
>
> Who here has PPA with post Hardy packages that wouldn't mind
> letting me try them on test Ubuntu Hardy?

Please, come join my PPA:

    http://launchpad.net/~botnet-project/+archive

You can help deliver important messages to people all over the world
unaware of how my helpful products can make their lives easier!  You
need to do nothing!  Just add the PPA and update your system, I'll take
care of everything from there.

Seriously though, it should be noted that you should only add PPAs from
people you seriously trust.  All you need to create one is an e-mail
address, and from there on they can upload any package they want, which
would then appear as an update to your system.  While PPAs are useful
tools (which I use a lot) it's important to note the security risks and
probably an e-mail to a public list with "install software on my system"
is not a good idea.

		--Ted