Banshee by default in Intrepid

Darren Albers dalbers at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 15:05:05 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 3:44 PM, Evan Dandrea <evand at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-06-08 at 15:20 -0400, Darren Albers wrote:
>> I have never been able to get Rythmbox to update my iPod nor my wifes.
>
> Then please file a bug.
>
>> The Rhythmbox webpage only says it can read from iPods and other
>> portable devices nothing about writing.
>
> From http://www.gnome.org/projects/rhythmbox/ :
> "Transfer music to and from iPod, MTP, and USB Mass Storage music
> players"
>
> I just filled a third generation iPod Nano using it.

Well you were correct it does work, but I had to remove all the
content on the iPOD and then add it again for it to work.   It is odd
since gtkpod worked fine.   I guess there was something wrong with the
local database on the iPod that caused a problem.   I am hesitant to
touch my wife's iPod to see if it is the same issue with her.

So I guess my reason for including Banshee is now dead and hence this
whole proposal is dead.  ;-)