making deals with M$

Chandru chandru.in at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 17:13:36 UTC 2008

Yup much better!!  But it is more than an year.  :D

Also, Java has a much more evolved open-source ecosystem around it.  All
those extremely high quality Apache projects.  Of course, Java tops among
Sourceforge projects too.  It is really unfortunate that Hardy is not
shipping with Java.  But yes I can see the CD space constraints coming in.

On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 10:36 PM, Mackenzie Morgan <macoafi at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 2008-06-08 at 22:31 +0530, Chandru wrote:
> > No Java is not in the same boat as .Net.  There is no open-source
> > version of .Net released by Microsoft.
>
> OK, fine, it's in the same boat that Java was in a year ago.  Better?
>
> --
> Mackenzie Morgan
> http://ubuntulinuxtipstricks.blogspot.com
> apt-get moo

Chandra Sekar.S

e-mail: chandru.in at gmail.com
Blog: http://tuxychandru.blogspot.com/

We choose the brand of our Mobile Phone, Motorbike, Car, Shirt, Shoe, Bread,
etc. Then why not the brand of our OS too?

Pre-loading and forcing Vista on new laptops kills consumers' choice. Fight
for choice of OS just as there is for the Hard Disk capacity in new laptops.