making deals with M$

David "Lefty" Schlesinger lefty at access-company.com
Sun Jun 8 04:34:09 UTC 2008

Mark Fink wrote:
> Roy Schestowitz has a lot of things to say about how Miquel Icaza is
> trying to position MONO to destroy FLOSS and now with this codecs
> licensing from M$ it just makes me sick.

Yeah, pointless and uninformed propaganda in inappropriate places does
that to me.

Here's what I'd suggest: a) go and get sick, if you find the thought of
other people potentially using software against your will that
distressing; b) stop using Ubuntu immediately and go build yourself a
nice "Linux from Scratch"--when you're done, hopefully in no fewer than
six months, you'll not only ensure that you've got only the software you
want, but you'll actually know something about Linux-based operating
systems; and c) unsubscribe from this mailing list, since it seems to
upset you a lot.
> Maybe Roy should make a site www.boycottubuntu.com too.

Maybe he should. Maybe you should design it for him. Then you'll all
have a nice place to vent silliness like this if you feel the need in
the future. Do it. It's the open source way. Go nuts. Anywhere but here,
please, you're quite completely off-topic.

Maybe someone can create an "alt.open-source.flame" USENET group: I See
A Great Need.