New motherboard not supported by Ubuntu

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 17:57:00 UTC 2008

2008/6/2 Markus Hitter <mah at jump-ing.de>:
> Does suspend and/or hibernate work better? Shutting down a computer
> completely is so last century ;-)

Seconded.

> As for the fix - well, you're invited to narrow down the source of
> the problem yourself. Try with different options of the Install-CD's
> F6 menu, locate the point of trouble, recompile the corresponding
> piece of software, debug it ...

But before you do all that, contact the motherboard manufacturer and
let them know that Linux users buy their products too. If we don't let
the manufacturers know that we exist, how can we expect them to
support our OS?

What motherboard did you buy? Without model numbers, it is difficult
to make anything but the vaguest suggestions.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.