New motherboard not supported by Ubuntu

Thomas Novin thnov at xyz.pp.se
Mon Jun 2 17:52:03 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-02 at 19:38 +0200, Markus Hitter wrote:
> Am 02.06.2008 um 18:09 schrieb Thomas Novin:
> > I bought a new motherboard a couple of weeks ago and ever since I have
> > +3 mins of bootup time and also my DVD reader/writer isn't
> > available at
> > all.
>
> This is a brand new mobo model? I'd say you're in luck it works at
> all. Myself, I didn't always have this luck.

No, not really. It's almost 6 months now, first BIOS release date is 2007/12/14.

> > Anyone with a suggestion for a fix / workaround?
> Does suspend and/or hibernate work better? Shutting down a computer
> completely is so last century ;-)

Suspend isn't an option for me since the power to the room where the
computer is located is cut every night.

Hibernate I have tried though and I have exactly the same problems there
(resume from Hibernate takes as long as a normal boot).

> As for the fix - well, you're invited to narrow down the source of
> the problem yourself. Try with different options of the Install-CD's
> F6 menu, locate the point of trouble, recompile the corresponding
> piece of software, debug it ...

Ok, I'll try to find out was much as I can from there.

Rgds

//Thomas Novin