usplash and alternate resolutions

Joe Terranova joeterranova at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 19:46:17 UTC 2008

>> Why would it be an oval?
> it wouldnt if usplash would act like you describe below (which it doesnt)

> to achieve what you describe usplash needs code changes and someon who
> actually does them :)

We were already at that point. You were responding to Alexander's
post, which already recognized we'd probably need code changes for
that effect. I was responding directly to this:

>> WHY are we using a giant image? The only image we need is the small
>> Ubuntu logo. We should center it on a black background and be done
>> with it. If that needs changes to Usplash, let's do it!
> you miss the point a bit here, even in that case the logo would be oval
> instead of being a cycle, it's about the stretching that happens ....

Suggesting that he missed the point, and it would be an oval
regardless of the logo being overlaid on black. My point being, if we
made those changes, usplash would work perfectly fine at any
resolution.