Did we really release 8.04?

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 17:57:26 UTC 2008

On Mon, 07 Jul 2008, Emmet Hikory wrote:
>     This isn't a CLI vs. GUI issue, it's that some upgrade cases don't
> work well for special reasons.  Some of these are difficult to encode
> in terms of provides, conflicts, and replaces, and some are even
> impossible.  Upgrade Manager (which also has a cli client) has
> information about these special cases that allow the upgrade to
> continue.

update-manager has a cli client? Never heard of it.  How do you call it?

On one of our server I'm about to embark of the road of the double upgrade
Feisty to Gutsy to Hardy, so that may be an interesting option.

The command-line help of update-manager (at least in Feisty) doesn't
seem very promising about the command line option to use to stay in cli mode.

Daniel

--
 Daniel Robitaille