Did we really release 8.04?

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 14:07:19 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 7:50 AM, Oliver Grawert <ogra at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> hi,
> Am Montag, den 07.07.2008, 12:42 +0100 schrieb (``-_-ยดยด) -- Fernando:
>> * the manual way, rename the source.list hardy mentions to intrepid and do an apt-get dist-update;
>>
> you know that this is highly discouraged since it wont catch teh special
> cases update-manager has functions for ?

I consider that a bug.  Why are conflicts only marked in
update-manager instead of in the packages conflicts list?  That was
the case with the newer-kernel v. EVMS bug if you upgraded from Dapper
through to Gutsy (and I don't mean skipping releases, just doing lots
of dist-upgrades over the years).  What exactly are you supposed to do
on a system without X?  Just let it break?  The issues and options
should come through at the command line level and just bubble up
through to the GUI.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
Linux User #432169