Did we really release 8.04?

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 14:07:19 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 7:50 AM, Oliver Grawert <ogra at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> hi,
> Am Montag, den 07.07.2008, 12:42 +0100 schrieb (``-_-´´) -- Fernando:
>> * the manual way, rename the source.list hardy mentions to intrepid and do an apt-get dist-update;
> you know that this is highly discouraged since it wont catch teh special
> cases update-manager has functions for ?

I consider that a bug.  Why are conflicts only marked in
update-manager instead of in the packages conflicts list?  That was
the case with the newer-kernel v. EVMS bug if you upgraded from Dapper
through to Gutsy (and I don't mean skipping releases, just doing lots
of dist-upgrades over the years).  What exactly are you supposed to do
on a system without X?  Just let it break?  The issues and options
should come through at the command line level and just bubble up
through to the GUI.

Mackenzie Morgan
Linux User #432169
ACM Member #3445683