absurd: network connection required to obtain a network driver

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 15:01:17 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-07-04 at 09:01 +0200, Przemysław Kulczycki wrote:
> Mackenzie Morgan pisze:
> > On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 20:58 +0200, Przemysław Kulczycki wrote:
> >> Also the same problem is for ndiswrapper - it's not on the cd even
> >> though it's open source.
> >
> > I'm pretty sure ndiswrapper has been able to be installed using the CD
> > as a repo since Feisty at least.  It's not part of the default install,
> > but you can get it off the CD.
>
> Well, it's not on hardy :(

Yes it is.  Oliver linked to the list of what's on the CD.  It's not
installed by default, never has been, and probably never will be because
enough stuff has working drivers.  If you put the CD back in after
installing and load it as your repository (and disable the online
repositories), you can install it from the Ubuntu CD.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo