absurd: network connection required to obtain a network driver

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Fri Jul 4 08:57:36 UTC 2008

hi,
Am Donnerstag, den 03.07.2008, 20:39 -0400 schrieb Mackenzie Morgan:
> On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 20:58 +0200, Przemysław Kulczycki wrote:
> > Also the same problem is for ndiswrapper - it's not on the cd even
> > though it's open source.
>
> I'm pretty sure ndiswrapper has been able to be installed using the CD
> as a repo since Feisty at least.  It's not part of the default install,
> but you can get it off the CD.

you still can:
http://releases.ubuntu.com/hardy/ubuntu-8.04.1-alternate-i386.list
http://releases.ubuntu.com/hardy/ubuntu-8.04.1-desktop-i386.list
show that both ndisgtk and ndiswrapper are still there on both CDs,
you can just install them from CD if you need them... and iirc its like
that since breezy.

ciao
	oli