gThumb

David A. Harding dave at dtrt.org
Wed Jan 16 23:28:33 UTC 2008

On Tue Jan 15 15:41:30 2008, Scott James Remnant wrote:
| On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 10:38 -0500, Bryan Quigley wrote:
| | I outlined in my specification[1] how gThumb is more [memory]
| | efficent and takes up less [disk or CDROM] space.
| |
| |     [1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/No-Mono-by-Default
|
| We feel the opposite, that f-spot has a better user experience.

I agree with Mr. Remnant: F-Spot is beautiful and simple like, for
example, Microsoft Vista. But I don't think a pretty face should
distract us from considering Mr. Quigley's points: F-Spot is inefficent
and may violate Microsoft's patents.

Ubuntu users deserve beautiful things and they don't deserve to have
them taken away because we ignored potential patent violations.

Thanks,

-Dave
--
David A. Harding            Website:  http://dtrt.org/