tracking down suspend/hibernate bugs?

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Mon Jan 14 23:39:45 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 10:30:33AM -0800, Matt Price wrote:

> ... i suppose if the resume worked properly the reverse steps would be present too?

You'd hope so :) How exactly is the resume failing, and which graphics
drivers are you using?

> ah, this is my bad -- it seems an old script i had in
> in /etc/acpi/lid-hibernate.sh was being called on lid closure; i thought
> i'd verified that my old scripts had been replaced by the standard ones
> on upgrade, but that one escaped my attention.  that script calls
> hibernate, which suspends & resumes successfully, while pm-utils appears
> not to.

Ah, interesting. Yes, that would explain the difference. I'll take a
look at hibernate and see what it's doing by default (I haven't checked
it out in some time). We are talking about suspend to RAM here, right?

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org