Proposal: include Brasero by default

Wouter Stomp wouterstomp at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 23:08:06 UTC 2008

On Jan 14, 2008 7:07 PM, Joel Bryan Juliano <joelbryan.juliano at gmail.com> wrote:

> If burning files is much concerned, using Nautilus CD Burner is the
> easiest way for both advanced
> and new users.

Brasero is just as easy, did you try it (especially the latest
version, 0.7)? Anyway, n-c-b is still included for now.

> To clear up some preconceptions, Nautilus:
>
> 1. does asks the user to blank non-empty CD-RW & DVD-RW's upon writing.

Yes, but it cannot blank cd's withouth writing to them.

> 2. burns CUE files via right-clicking it and choosing "Write to Disk".

Yes, as I wrote in my first email, serpentine does not support cue
files, n-c-b does.

> I think any other features is a niche, and/or can be done manually.

I would not consider features like inhibiting Gnome Power Manager from
suspending while burning niche, that is something that should just
work.

Wouter.