Are we looking at "Flyback"?

Conrad Knauer atheoi at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 02:12:00 UTC 2008

On Jan 5, 2008 7:54 PM, Jonathan Musther <jmusther at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Flyback - http://code.google.com/p/flyback
> >
> > Either for inclusion in hardy or in the repos?
>
> That looks good.  If we had something like this, could we dispose of the
> standard trash and just have this?

I've been using it for a while; it works quite nicely with an external
HD in terms of just plain backing up data once in a while (what I use
it for) via incremental update rather than a monolithic update.  The
UI isn't quite friendly enough just yet IMHO, but it seems to run
without incident.

I would caution though that there was very rapid early growth in
version numbers, but its been stopped at 0.4.0 for a while now, so
check to see if its being actively developed before moving to replace
Trash outright.

CK