should Ubuntu overwrite the MBR?

Felix Miata mrmazda at
Sat Jan 5 05:31:06 UTC 2008

On 2008/01/04 23:04 (GMT-0500) Jan Claeys apparently typed:

> This comment seems to be interesting to me:
> <>

> Probably there are some other issues too, but sounds like it's worth a
> discussion?

> (And maybe Microsoft & the major distros should sit down together, and
> fix such issues?)

Because putting a Linux boot loader on the MBR is usually unnecessary, there
should be nothing to discuss. Leave the MBR alone, as long as a HD0 primary
can be made available for Grub or Lilo to live on.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was
with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***