should Ubuntu overwrite the MBR?

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Sat Jan 5 05:31:06 UTC 2008

On 2008/01/04 23:04 (GMT-0500) Jan Claeys apparently typed:

> This comment seems to be interesting to me:
> <http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2005/12/20/505887.aspx#507458>

> Probably there are some other issues too, but sounds like it's worth a
> discussion?

> (And maybe Microsoft & the major distros should sit down together, and
> fix such issues?)

Because putting a Linux boot loader on the MBR is usually unnecessary, there
should be nothing to discuss. Leave the MBR alone, as long as a HD0 primary
can be made available for Grub or Lilo to live on.
http://en.opensuse.org/Bugs/grub
--
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was
with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409