How to include a part of Wine ... why include wine at all?

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Fri Feb 15 00:24:09 UTC 2008

Daniel Hollocher wrote:
> So, are you trying to say that the version of wine in the ubuntu repos is
> more compatible than the one in the winehq repos?  Keep in mind, that the
> winehq version is built specifically for Ubuntu Gutsy (in my case).
> Additionally, keep in mind, that the version in the ubuntu repos is probably
> not supported by anyone.  I expect that the wine community supports only the
> latest version, and the ubuntu community diverts any wine related questions
> to the wine community.

Both packages are made by me.  The intent is for the each Wine version
shipped with Ubuntu to have no regressions relative to the previous Wine
version shipped with Ubuntu.  This is something I can't guarantee using
the biweekly Wine releases, however people still want the latest Wine,
so I make it available there.

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie