Trac (was Feature Freeze this Thursday)

Alexandre Franke alexandre.franke at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 11:16:25 UTC 2008

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 1:13 AM, (``-_-ยดยด) -- Fernando
<ubuntu at bugabundo.net> wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 February 2008 08:44:46 Steve Langasek wrote:
>  > This Thursday is February 14, and we all know what that means:
>  Valentine's Day?
>
>  > a last-minute dash to get all your major changes into the archive in time for the Hardy Heron Feature Freeze!
>  Or that.

I think the joke was implicitly meant by Steve ;)

>  Since Track was on auto-sinc with debian, but the final rellease of v0.11 should be available before of Hardy RC.
>  As far as I could see, there ain't no one in charge of this package (except for the general MOTU team).
>  Is any dev interested in tracking Trac (no pun intended) to make sure we get v0.11 in Ubuntu LTS?

You must be kidding, right? How can you assert that 0.11 will be out
before Hardy? For your information, I was already waiting for this
version back in July 2007 and at that time, there were circa 20 open
tickets and less than 300 tickets (open and closed) attached to the
milestone. There was a date set for the milestone (around the 25th of
July) but it got unset approximately 1 week past this date. Then there
hasn't been any more release date announced that I'm aware of, and
even if there had been one, I would not trust it blindly :)

The only thing that we can say without being too wrong is that Trac
0.11 will be released *when it's done*. ;)

>  ps. My emails tend to sound authority and aggressive. I'm sorry in advance. I'll try to be more assertive as time goes by...

I also hope you don't feel offended by my mail :)

--
Alexandre Franke
GNU/Linux user #390077