Re: Too many icons in the Ubuntu menus?‏ (repost)

Markus Hitter mah at jump-ing.de
Tue Feb 12 18:53:27 UTC 2008

Am 12.02.2008 um 01:04 schrieb Ioannis Nousias:

> In real life we see a chair (for instance) and we know it's a
> chair. We don't need a little label there telling us it's a chair ;)

If you see a chair the first time in your life, you actually need a
label (or somebody telling you what this thing is). Furthermore, not
every piece of software is as commonly known as a chair. There's so
much software today you even start to forget rarely used icons over
time.

BTW, did you ever try to explain some icon-only thing solely with
words (like, over the phone)?

If you solve these things, Icons are great.

Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/