Transmission as default bittorrent client

Remco remco47 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 00:37:00 UTC 2008

Hello, I'm new here,

I would like to comment on the decision to make Transmission the
default bittorrent client in Hardy. Why was this program chosen? It
seems to me (though, as a fan, I'm biased) that Deluge is more popular
and more familiar (looks like µTorrent & Azureus). Transmission has a
bit of a clunky interface by opening another window for
torrent-details. This didn't work for GIMP, and it doesn't work for
Transmission either.

Deluge supports some features many users need like DHT and blocklists.
Plus, it has this plugin-system going for them, kind of like Firefox.
Add to that the fact that you can run it on Windows, so you can also
include it in the Windows autostart-menu of the cd.

What are your thoughts? I hope I didn't jump into this mailing-list
too loudly... :)

Cheers,
Remco