You lost a new Ubuntu user

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at
Thu Dec 25 20:40:24 UTC 2008

2008/12/25 Manish Sinha < at>:
> I again repeat the above line since bandwidth is one of the two main
> issues, first being the installer connecting to the internet without
> user's consent.

Having the network cable plugged in implies consent. If you don't want
you computer connecting to a network, then don't plug it in. I have
lived in areas of limited and expensive bandwidth, and even for a
desktop with the network cable under the desk, it seemed common sense
that so long as it was plugged in, something would try to connect.

Dotan Cohen