Open Office problems

Michael Bonertz mbonertz at tds.net
Tue Dec 9 23:44:19 UTC 2008

I'm running kubuntu Intrepid.

I have ppa.launchpad.net in my apt sources files.

This morning I did an upgrade that was available, and it was largely
Open Office stuff from that site.
After the upgrade, Open Office doesn't work.
It starts up and tells me it needs to retrieve a file from a crash, and
whether you tell it yes or no, it crashes.

I had to comment out the launchpad source and reinstall Open Office 2.4
to get a working version.

I prefer running 3.0.  I can install 3.0 from source, or directly from
Open Office.  Would rather use version in the repositories.  Any ideas?