Intuitive "Popup" Scrollbars

Jo-Erlend Schinstad joerlend.schinstad at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 14:07:51 UTC 2008

2008/8/16 Thorsten Wilms <t_w_ at freenet.de>

> On Fri, 2008-08-15 at 21:46 +0100, Odysseus Flappington wrote:
>
> > I couldn't actually figure out how to install it though.. if you put
> > it in the next alpha I'll test it to get a feel and tell you what I
> > think :P
>
> Get the script from
> http://bugzilla.gnome.org/attachment.cgi?id=110648
>
> Then you sadly need to use a terminal, cd to where you saved it and
> enter: python popup_scrollbar_37.py
>
> Except if someone knows a trick to execute it via GUI means.
>
> Guess I should try packaging it, if I complete the update

Easy. Ri ght-click the file, select Properties, then enter the
Permissions-tab.
Check "Allow executing file as program". Now you can just double-click it,
and you'll be asked whether you'd like to run it in terminal, view it cancel
or
run it.

And I really do like it.  I think a lot of people, including myself, like
the page
up/down function of the traditional scrollbar though.Perhaps that could be
done
using a right-click on the arrows, for up or down for instance? I never
thought
I'd see an interesting project regarding scrollbars again, but this really
is.

Thanks,

Jo-Erlend Schinstad